I'm sure everyone has heard of the great benefits of elderberry syrup, well making your own is not only easy but you will know exactly what went in it and how fresh it is. I am going to share what we call here at Earth's Answers as "Scott's" Elderberry Syrup Recipe. Scott os a long time fried of mine who is a bit of a health nut himeself! he started making his own recipe for elderberry syrup to his taste and of course he shared and we all loved it! I eventually share it with my customers here at Earth's Answers and they loved it.
We always promote DIY as you can save money and become self relliant! We all need this in this day and age!
First I will share 7 amamxing benefits Elderberries offer then directly below I will post Scott's recipe along with a a video he made for us!! Don't forget to visit my Amazon store to puchase Elderberries :) Your support is greatly appreciated!
Elderberry syrup is made from the berries of the elderberry tree and has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various health conditions. Here are some of the potential benefits of elderberry syrup:
1. Immune Support: Elderberry syrup is believed to have immune-boosting properties, helping the body fight off common illnesses like colds and flu. It contains antioxidants that can strengthen the immune system and reduce the duration and severity of viral infections.
2. Anti-Inflammatory: Elderberries have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling, inflammation, and oxidative stress in the body. This can be particularly beneficial for conditions like arthritis and other inflammatory disorders.
3. Respiratory Health: Elderberry syrup can help alleviate symptoms of respiratory conditions such as coughs, bronchitis, and sinusitis. Its antiviral properties may also be helpful for reducing congestion associated with colds and flu.
4. Antioxidant Boost: Elderberries are packed with antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals. Regular consumption of elderberry syrup may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
5. Digestive Health: Elderberry syrup has mild laxative and diuretic effects, which can aid digestion and support overall gastrointestinal health. It may help relieve constipation and bloating and promote healthy bowel movements.
6. Skin Health: Elderberries are rich in vitamins A and C, which are essential for healthy skin. Regular use of elderberry syrup may help promote a clear complexion, prevent premature aging, and improve overall skin health.
7. Cold and Flu Relief: Elderberry syrup is commonly used as a natural remedy for cold and flu symptoms. It may help reduce fevers, relieve cough and congestion, and shorten the duration of an illness when taken at the first sign of symptoms.
it is important to note that while elderberry syrup has many potential benefits, it should not replace medical treatment or advice. Always consult with a healthcare professional before introducing any new supplements or remedies into your routine.
Remember it’s a 2 to 1 ratio for the distilled water to elderberries and that’s just a general guide! In this recipe Scott started with 4 cups water to 2 cups elderberries, he did end up adding more water through the cook! Of course cinnamon and clove are to taste. Honey does act as a natural preservative and should used generously. Mmmm ? 1 lb dried organic elderberries https://amzn.to/2Ql2X1P Organic whole cloves https://amzn.to/3uGcbF1 G Organic whole cinnamon sticks https://amzn.to/3tgq8t4 Distilled water https://amzn.to/3tgqlMS Raw wild organic honey https://amzn.to/2Qm1VCI
If you have any questions or make elderberry syrup yourself already, comment below. Scott and I would love to answer question and learn new recipes!!